Thursday, November 5, 2009

Journal #9

I always love it when other people read my writing. It is a way for others to get to have a little taste of what I have experienced. They get to read how I explain situations, and details, as well as how I tell stories. I think there is no point in writing if there isn’t anyone to read it.
By reading other peoples writing I have learned a lot. You get someone other than yours self point of view. I think peer editing is your peers correcting your writing in hopes to make it better but I also think learning and actually reading the paper is important too. Just looking for spelling mistakes and bad grammar and punctuation is useless to the editor. You can learn so much from other people. By reading others work you can learn so much about them and their own personal experiences.
Your job as a peer editor is to edit first but also learn and give constructive criticism to the writer. As a writer you wouldn’t want to hear all about how you misspelled something or you forgot a comma here or there. You want to know that the reader understands your point. The reader should be able to connect and relate to the subject at hand.
Peer editing is a great way to make your writing better. If it is used to it’s full potential it can help you become a better writer with a wider range of ideas, vocabulary, and writing tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment